Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Another interesting week

It's been a great week! Carson (and Parker too....but his good potty skills are getting to be, dare I say it, old news) seems to be catching on this week. He's starting to tell us when he has to "poo-poo" in the potty!!! He told us when the vacuum salesman was here (no, he didn't take the hint and leave), and at the Spain Park vs. Mtn. Brook softball game!! Go Carson! Our biggest news might have come today when he told his teachers at school that he needed to go and actually did!! He got M&Ms from his teachers and a Curious George puzzle from mommy and daddy:)

We had some beautiful weather over the weekend- we all played outside, well, daddy worked in the yard while the rest of us played. Brad and I were working on setting up the stomp rocket (Tracey, was that for Brad or the boys??) and I hear, "Momma, look at me!!" I will never underestimate the power of those words again. Up until Saturday, that would have meant either, I did a puzzle, stacked a tower of blocks, or put on my shoes all by myself. This particular day it meant, we finally know how to ride in these Little Tykes Cozy Coupes (little plastic Fred Flintstone type cars if you don't know) and we are going to spice it up. We look over and Parker is on top of the car, yes, completely laying over the roof, all appendages off the ground, while Carson's feet are running as fast as they can go! Are you kidding me? For anyone reading this blog, please expect an entry about a broken bone- or at the very least a visit to the ER sometime very soon....I know we won't be surprised at all!

Angie also took us out for a little photo session in the pretty weather, of course, with 2, 3-year olds, it's hard to get everyone looking and happy at the same time! We tried though! They loved the lake- especially the rocks they got to throw and the sticks they were jousting with!






The boys are learning about teeth and the dentist at school this week. They are very excited to talk about things that are good and bad for your teeth. Yesterday, I gave them both a pack of graham crackers (Scooby Doo) and Carson said, "Mommy, we can't eat these cookies because they have TOO MUCH SUGAR!!" He yelled the "too much sugar" part and I almost ran my car off the road! Seriously, what 3 year old tells you he can't eat something because it has too much sugar? He then proceeded to tell me that cookies (my poor deprived children think graham crackers are cookies when they come from me:)) go on the "sad tooth"- only milk, cheese and water go on the "happy tooth." At least they are paying attention at school, right?

Last night, we went to the first game at the new softball field at UAB. It was freezing, compared to the 67 degrees from the weekend, the boys were red nosed and we only had 3 gloves for 4 hands....poor Parker:( This morning he told me, "Remember mama, at the softball field, you told me to put my hand in my pocket so it wouldn't get cold?" He had on one glove, with the bare hand in his pocket most of the night- I told him he was cool like Michael Jackson. If only he could know just how cool that was back in the day. Cold temperatures aside, It was great to see some old friends and be a part of such a big day! It only took 10 years, yes we started the program in 2000, and we (yes, girls, I'm talking to you) are officially old, but at least it happened and it's something that UAB can be proud of.

I've been sick much of this past week-got a shot, antibiotics, decongestant, and some killer cough medicine- and then felt worse for 2 days in a row:( Feeling better today, so hopefully I'm on the upswing too! The 3 of us (thought to self, why isn't Brad sick too?) will finish our antibiotics tomorrow- so hopefully we'll be well for the weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that Carson is making such great progress! I know that's both exciting and a bit of relief for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's it... our Cozy Coupe is off to Goodwill today. :-) I'll pray for no ER visits.

    Angie takes great pics! Ya'll are such a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete