Sunday, March 7, 2010

Just Living

I'm already slacking on the posts.....geez, even once a week is too much for me:(

We've been staying busy....took a trip up to Chattanooga last weekend to watch Abigail cheer, celebrate Brenda's birthday and then finished it off with freezing our butts off at Tyler's baseball game. We had a great time and were glad to see everyone!

Brad left last Sunday night to work in Macon- we still haven't seen him:( Apparently, the dirt in Macon is wet and so they have to dry it.....hmmmmm, watching dirt dry. I bet Brad's having a blast! He is supposed to be coming home this Friday so that we can go to the beach!! Let's hope that works out.....for him I mean:)

Last Wednesday, Carson had a physical therapy evaluation for his "toe walking." We have officially aged out of early intervention, so his early intervention therapist referred us to a new therapist at Children's Hospital. Ms. Peggy was very nice and recommended that we try "the most conservative" option first. This consists of Carson wearing AFOs for a month. These are little plastic leg braces that go over his socks and under his pants. We call them his "jumping boots." He doesn't love them, at all, but is tolerating them well. Our biggest hurdle right now is that he has to wear shoes while they are on- or the hardwood floors in our house become an ice skating rink. Trying to get him to keep his shoes on while we are home continues to be a struggle, but warm weather is coming, so we're hoping that won't be such a problem once he can just stay outside and play! He is supposed to wear them "all waking hours", but I've been letting him take them off around 630 or 700, which is about an hour early. 12 hours a day is pretty good I think! He says, "Sorry, Parker, only I get jumping boots. Not you. Mama didn't get you any, sooorwee bubba." Which is followed by Parker saying, "Why didn't you get me any jumping boots, mama?" Twins make EVERYTHING more interesting, that's for sure!

This weekend was pretty low key....we caught some softball games at the Spain Park Tournament, ate out with friends and family....and played. Tonight, the boys were turning each other and me into things. Some of my favorites included, when Parker said, "Carson, I turn you into a "boobie bop and mommy, I turn you into a princess." I got the good end of that deal for sure! We missed our daddy. The boys kept asking, "What's today?" and "Where are we going?" It's almost like they couldn't figure out what was going on....I don't think Brad's been gone all week plus the weekend before (plus another 5 days too, but that might be discussed in my next post!). After dinner tonight, which was quite a battle for Parker, he hopped down and said, "Mama, let's go snuggle." and Carson said, "Yea, good idea Parker, let's go snuggle with mama." Love, love, love those boys.

We are fairly healthy. Parker and I are still coughing....Carson seems to be over the hump....except for that nasty runny nose, which I have decided is just par for the course:( Today I asked Parker what was wrong and he told me, "Mama, I can't breathe. I think I need some mask medicine (breathing treatment). That poor kid....at 3 years old he knows when he needs his medicine:(

Hanging on...5 more days til Spring Break....supposedly headed to the beach- thanks Aunt Pokey and Uncle Terry:) We'll see what happens with work for Daddy. Even if plans get axed, I'll be off from work, the boys off from school....that's a mini vacation in itself!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update Mommy! I miss you guys so much, plan is to still come home on Friday!! I like the addition of the music playlist, I can keep this page open and have music while I am filling out timesheets. Give the boys a big hug for me....and boys, do the same to mommy! Hoping to see you all on Friday!
    Love,
    Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. When my kids get a cough that won't go away (like now) I call it kennel cough for kids. They are in school and just share everything...why not keep the cough going too!?!
    I love the blog. I have one. I guess I should update it sometime. The boys are getting so big. Can't wait to see them again. I hope Brad makes it home soon. I spent a 10 day span without Mike before...no fun.

    ReplyDelete