Sunday, August 15, 2010

School, Work....back to Reality

Wheeewwww....

Just days after a clear bill of health from Dr. Brasfield (the pulmonologist), we got back to our "normal", coughing, waking up during the night, snoring and breathing treatments:( Poor guys...I guess the trip to the doctor's office gave us some good ol' germs that we'd been missing! They just started feeling better in the last few days....at least it was a short stint this time.

Last weekend of summer brought us a fun little trip to Alabama Adventure with the boys. We went last summer with the Aranda clan, and that's the last time we went, so the boys were immediately looking for Jake and Ashlyn. Once they realized it was just us, they settled in and actually had a great time! They really enjoyed it this time...slides, lazy river, kiddie area and the rides at the main park, slushies, funnel cake..WOW. They stayed all day...10:30- til 5! Carson took a short nap under the umbrella, but Parker just kept going strong. We are considering season passes for next year--I never thought I'd be saying that!

Fun on the slides





Time for a snack



Swimming



Was that fun, or not?


Someone was sleepy



Monday the boys officially became "Butterflies". I just kept thinking about the first week of school last year....and the crying and holding on to my leg, being pried away from me each morning...so we began talking about our new teachers and new classroom a week or so prior. You know me and my belief in social stories! They both said they didn't want to be Butterflies, so I had a good bit of anxiety about them changing classes. Well, we walked in with them saying they didn't want to go to the new class. They saw one of their friends, Matthew, in the hallway and they all 3 walked in without a hitch! They looked at me and said, "Bye Mama!" Matthew's mom and I got out of there as quickly as we could...we didn't want them to change their minds!

First Day of Butterflies (3K)- WOW...they look happy:)



They have had a great week and come home with stickers all over their shirts (and legs, right Parker?) everyday! When they make all green choices during the classroom activities, they earn a token to put in the treasure chest, which then spits out stickers! They come home saying they like school and their new teachers, so I am relieved!

I'm back to work and Brad's in town, so we've been adjusting to all of that this week too. It's chaos for sure, but it's semi-organized and we're glad to have the opportunity to live it TOGETHER:)

We had a fun time at a Birthday Party for their little friend Emma yesterday. It was at Parties on the Move...an indoor place with blow-up moonwalks, slides, etc. They loved it and had the best time! As they were eating pizza and then cake, they looked back to me and said, "Mommy this is so much fun!" "Yea, mama, we like it here!" If only little kid birthdays were everyday, right?!?

A funny story for each boy from the week:

Carson was playing with the train track and broke it apart. I told him to stop and he said, "No! I won't stop!" It was loud and snappy toward his mama. I snapped my fingers and said in my loud snappy voice, "Hey! You don't talk to your mama like that!" He immediately made a mad face and said, "Hey! You don't talk to your butterball like that!" I'd been calling the boys Butterball and TatorTot quite a bit lately....and asking, "Are you my little TatorTot? "Are you my Butterball?" Needless to say, I cracked up laughing at him....and now he's saying it everytime I tell him not to talk mean to me!

Parker was hiding under the rug and some grass gets on the floor. The next thing I know, he's in the laundry room getting the swivel sweeper. He says, "Mama, I spilled some grass on the floor, but I'm gonna clean it up with this broom, ok?" Umm, yea...anytime you want to clean up a mess, please, be my guest!

Some more fun pictures from summer

Got Milk?



Carson is a Rockstar



Swimming at Letson Farms

1 comment:

  1. goodness gracious, i really just laughed out loud about butterball and tater tot. they are so adorable, and i can't wait to spend time with them again.

    i miss y'all!

    ReplyDelete